ADAS System Calibration
ADAS stands for Advanced Driver Assistance Systems. ADAS uses radar, lasers and cameras to help make driving safer by utilizing the following.
- Forward Collision Alert (FCA)
- Lane Departure Warning System (LDWS)
- Lane Keep Assist (LKA)
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
- Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS)
- Driver Status Monitoring (DSM)
- Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR)
- Pedestrian Detection (PD)
- Blind Spot Monitoring (BSM)
Windshield Camera Recalibration
When a vehicle is equipped with Advanced Driver Assistance Systems in the windshield, it is essential that these systems are calibrated when the windshield is replaced. Because our customers’ safety is of highest importance, Lawrence Glass provides calibration services for many ADAS-equipped vehicles serviced.
Calibrating a forward facing windshield mounted camera involves testing and possibly adjusting the parameters of the camera lens to make sure it is capturing the complete image of any vehicle or pedestrian within the intended specifications. When the camera is correctly positioned the system will work as intended, which guarantees the ADAS system will properly perform.